Monday, January 11, 2016

I Wrote Another Book!


Awhile back, I was talking with my editor at Our Sunday Visitor about book ideas. "I'd love to write about the process of conversion, about the things that did and didn't work for me when I was searching," I told her. 


It's a personal book, with stories from my atheist days and my conversion. But it's not about me. It's about God and the way He worked on me. It's about friends of mine, people who were generous enough to risk sharing stories with me. It's about cradle Catholics, converts, reverts, atheists, non-Catholics, doubters, and seekers; it's about rebellion and love. 

It's about looking around you--in your neighborhood, parish, or maybe in your own living room--and being willing to talk about the changes wrought in you since Jesus came into your life. 

"I want to write," I told my editor, "about what helped me make the leap, and what hampered my next steps. About friends who proved to me that sharing the faith can be as simple as loving someone with whom you profoundly disagree." 

~~~~~

You Can Share the Faith is due out in February and is available for pre-order now from Our Sunday Visitor, Indie Bound, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or check with your local Catholic bookseller. 

6 comments:

Faith said...

Wow! Can't wait to read it!

Tamara said...

Yea! I am so excited this is finally available to order! Heading over to Amazon now...

Karen Edmisten said...

Faith and Tamara, thanks so much! Can't wait to hear what you think.

elli said...

Oh I'd love to read this book! Congratulations on writing it!

Karen Edmisten said...

Thank you so much, Ellie!

Serviced Apartments London Lady said...

How exciting, congratulations on getting the book published!